Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
When I first saw this recipe I couldn't even begin to imagine cooking rice in green tea. But I'm a big fan of green tea, so I tried it, and you know what, it's great!
- 5 bags green tea
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 1 small yellow pepper, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups long grain rice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a saucepan, steep the green tea bags in 3 1/2 cups of boiling water for 5 minutes.
- Discard the bags, keep the water.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan over medium heat, cooked the peppers and the carrots in the oil for about 3 minutes, or until tender.
- Add the green tea, rice and salt and pepper.
- Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes, until the rice is tender and fluffy.
I made this on your birthday and repeated it 2 days later. I used 1/2 a carrot(peeled and grated), 1/4 tbsp. cooking oil, 1/2 cup Basmati rice, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. black pepper powder, 1/4 of a small red capsicum(diced), 1/4 of a small yellow capsicum (diced), 2 tsps. green tea and 2 1/2 cups of water. The rice was colourful and good tastewise. Thanks for sharing!
This recipe intrigued me from the first time I saw it. I finally got around to making it last week and was very pleasantly surprised. Tasted good and looked nice and colorful too.