Recipe by cellogirl2
My piano teacher showed me how to make these a couple years ago. There's nothing better than sitting in the kitchen while these are baking and cleaning out the bowl the batter was in; you're going to need a big bowl. These are also good cut open and filled with jelly.
- 8 cups flour (can use white or wheat or mix)
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 4 tablespoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 3 1⁄3 cups oil
- 2 -3 cups raisins (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix dry ingredients, add raisins.
- In a separate bowl, combine wet ingredients.
- Mix with dry ingredients.
- Divide dough into sixths.
- Place on greased baking sheet.
- Flatten lumps of dough slightly.
- Slice part way through into fourths with knife.
- Bake at 425 for 15-20 minutes.