5 hrs 30 mins
My DH found this recipe in a hunting magazine and made some alterations to it before making it last week. It has a wonderful flavor and is versatile in that many kinds of meat can be used. We used beef.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice the meat into 1/4 inch thick strips.
- 2Mix together soy sauce, water, liquid smoke, salt, brown sugar,Cajun seasoning and optional ingredients in a non-reactive bowl (non-metal).
- 3Place the meat into the marinade and refrigerate for 24-36 hours.
- 4Remove meat and pat dry.
- 5Discard the marinade.
- 6Heat oven to 145 degrees F (with the oven door left open about one inch; this is to allow for air circulation) and place meat on oven rack or a baking rack placed in the oven.
- 7Spread foil on lower rack to catch drippings.
- 8(Our oven will only heat as low as 170 degrees F and jerky was done in 5-5 1/2 hours.) At 145 degrees F, jerky will be done in 6-8 hours.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jerky Ambrosia
Serving Size: 1 (2400 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2300.5
- Calories from Fat 297
- Total Fat 33.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 1142.4 mg
- Sodium 40091.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 132.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 113.6 g
- Protein 356.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: