Recipe by carolinajen4
Came up with this when I was craving a cheesy baked spaghetti. You can make this many different ways with any veggies/protein you want. I love this so much because it is so easy, economical and makes for AWESOME leftovers!
Top Review by jade76
I grow a little weary of the black bean and corn combo that is so prevalent in these recipes - however, this was still good. If I make it again I will probably add some breadcrumbs on top.
- 226.79 g spaghetti, cooked
- 425.24 g can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 236.59 ml corn (fresh, frozen, canned)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (may use less, I love garlic!)
- 2.46 ml cumin
- 2.46-4.92 ml oregano
- 4.92 ml chili powder
- 2.46 ml salt (to taste)
- 1.23 ml pepper (to taste)
- 2 (453.59 g) can tomato sauce
- 177.44-236.59 ml shredded cheddar cheese (or use Daiya)
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray 9X13 casserole dish. Have cooked spaghetti ready to go.
- Saute onion, bell pepper and garlic in olive oil until tender. Add cumin, oregano, chili powder, salt and pepper and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add black beans and corn to mixture. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Mix spaghetti with the bean/tomato mixture.
- Spread into casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with Daiya cheese or cheese.
- Bake at 425 f for 10 minutes or until cheese melts and mixture is bubbly.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Top with cilantro and serve.