1/1 Photo of Jen's Ham & Cheese Toasted Sandwiches
Jen T's Note:
A little different from other sandwiches as you top them with the cheese and place under a grill instead of using as part of the filling. This is a great crowd pleaser for brunch especially after Christmas when you may want to use up some of that ham. Easily put together when time permits, even the night before if kept in the fridge. Served with some fresh juice to start while they are cooking and finished off with a cinnamon teacake & hot freshly brewed coffee you have a great brunch menu for family & friends. You can also add in other ingredients to the filling if wished, such as avocado, tomatoes, onions etc. I often make this for a quick lunch to eat either on its own or with a soup in winter. For the two of us I just use 4 slices bread and "eyeball" the rest of the ingredients :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the softened butter with the mustard and spread on the bread slices.
- 2Cover half of them with the ham and then place the remaining slices on top, butter side up.
- 3Place a sheet of baking paper on a tray and place on sandwiches. This can now be covered with plastic wrap & placed in the fridge until about 15 minutes before cooking to allow the sandwiches to come back to room temperature.
- 4Toast the sandwiches under a hot grill butter side up until golden brown.
- 5Turn them over and cover generously with grated cheese making sure you cover right to the edges so the crusts don't burn.
- 6Return to under the hot grill and cook until the cheese is bubbling and golden brown.
- 7Transfer to a board and cut into halves or quarters and serve immediately. Enjoy :).
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jen's Ham & Cheese Toasted Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (1150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 311.1
- Calories from Fat 214
- Total Fat 23.8 g
- Saturated Fat 13.6 g
- Cholesterol 91.1 mg
- Sodium 1192.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 22.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: