Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
This is the best homemade salsa ever! I originally found this on allrecipes.com. Everyone always requests it for potlucks and parties. This can be watery so I usually chop the tomatoes first and put them in a strainer basket while I do the rest. I have a small food chopper which really cuts down the prep time on this.
- 6 roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 10 green onions, chopped
- 2 fresh jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Combine tomatoes, green onions, jalapenos, and cilantro.
- You can pulse this in a blender or food processor to get this to the consistency you like.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Keep refrigerated until serving.
Delicious and fresh are the words I would choose for this recipe. I gave four stars because I like very spicy food. This is a personal observation only and not a critiscim of this recipe. I recommend it. My changes were to add a habenero chili as well. I sauted it over a low flame for 5-6 minutes. This kicks up the heat factor. Thank you lilchris for a great recipe.