Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Very good tasting, no fat, whole grain muffins.
- 1 cup all-bran cereal
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- -Combine cereal with the buttermilk, molasses and rasins and let stand for 10 minutes.
- -Sift or mix together well with a fork the flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and cinnamon.
- -Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and the the bran-milk-raisin mixture.
- -Stir ingredients only enough to moisten them.
- -Spoon into muffins tins lined with paper liners.
- -Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 20-22 minutes. Muffins should spring back when touched lightly in the center.
- -Muffins may be frozen and eaten later.