Recipe by zoe,owen,andliams mommy
This recipe makes several servings of the sauce. I freeze the extra sauce in serving sizes and then just cook enough pasta for one meal.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 2 (16 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- alphabet pasta (I find this in the bulk section of my grocery store)
Directions See How It's Made
- . Heat oil in pot. Add carrots and zucchini and cook for about 10 minutes or until softened. Add the tomatoes, stock and seasonings to taste, and simmer for about 10 minutes. Add cheddar cheese and stir until cheese has melted. Blend sauce to a puree.
- 2. Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to a boil, add pasta, and cook until tender, about 8-10 minutes. Toss with the sauce and serve.
- Nutritional Tidbit:
- This healthy twist on a toddler favorite is a tempting way to get reluctant children to eat vegetables.