Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
One of my all time favorite ways to make steaks, even if it does make a mess! It's worth the effort every time. Marinating the steaks in the milk and egg makes it so you don't have to double coat it with the flour, and pancake mix makes for a crisp buttery crust. All seasoning is just done according to taste. I usually serve them with smashed potatoes and green beans.
- 680.38-907.18 g beef cube steaks
- 2 eggs
- 236.59 ml buttermilk
- 0.25 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 236.59 ml flour
- 236.59 ml pancake mix
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- Cut steaks into serving size portions.
- Mix together the wet ingredients. Marinate steaks in milk mixture for about 5-10 minutes.
- Mix together the dry ingredients and heat oil until the handle of a wooden spoon sizzles when you put it inches ( I would imagine about 350 degrees.).
- Coat steaks in flour mixture and fry until cooked through and golden- about 20 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels.