Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I made this for my Husband James & he loves it!
- 1 lb hamburger
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Brown Hamburger & drain. Combine tomatoes, sauce, & spices with the hamburger. Simmer for 5 minute Add macaroni & cook until tender.
This was a great recipe! I made it last night for me and my fiance. It was quick and easy. I used only one can of diced tomatoes, but it was seasoned with oregano and basil and added a bit more flavor. I didn't have any trouble with the noodles cooking. In fact, it turned out perfect! We like our goulash thick, so it was wonderful! I threw some shredded cheddar cheese on at the end and it made is perfect! Great meal!
This recipe is was easy to make and it had good flavor. The only problem with it was there was not enough liquid for the macaroni to cook. So I added about 1 cup of water which worked well. You might want to cook the macaroni for 3-4 minutes, drain then add to the mixture. I used the ground cayenne, it was a little spicy hot for some of the kids. So if your serving kids you might want to cut back on the cayenne. Perfect amount of spice for adults. I adopted this Chef for the *PAC Spring 2008* game