From the Cake Mix Dr. to the bellies of my munchkin loving kids! You can use your favorite jellies in the filling...we've tried pear preserves with powdered sugar and cinnamon topping, cherry jam with chocolate icing, lemon curd, and left over 'creme' filling from whoopie pies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 517.37 g package yellow cake mix
- 96.38 g package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 236.59 ml whole milk
- 236.59 ml vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 340.19 g jar blueberry preserves or 340.19 g jar raspberry preserves
- powdered sugar, for coating
- granulated sugar, for coating
- cinnamon sugar, for coating
- icing, of choice for topping
- 1Heat oven to 350*F. Grease 24 muffin cups (standard or mini); set aside.
- 2Combine the cake mix, pudding mix, milk, oil, and eggs in a large mixing bowl.
- 3Blend with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds; stop mixer and scrape down sides of bowl.
- 4Increase mixer speed to medium and beat 1 1/2-2 minutes more, scraping sides down if needed.
- 5Scoop a heaping 1/4 cup batter (about 1/2 that if using mini tins)into each muffin cup, filling 2/3 full.
- 6Bake until cupcakes are golden and springy when touched with a finger, 18-20 minutes; cool on racks 5 minutes.
- 7Loosen edges of cakes with a butter knife and carefully remove from molds; cool 15 minutes on wire racks.
- 8Fit a pastry bag with a tip that has a large round hole (or use a plastic baggie and snip off a corner) and fill with preserves or desired filling.
- 9Insert the entire tip into the top center of cupcake; generously squirt 2 tsp.-1 tablespoons filling (a little less for minis)into each cupcake. You may need to wipe the tip clean as you go.
- 10Dust each cupcake with powdered sugar or glaze and decorate with sprinkles; serve.
- 11Store at room temperature, covered, up to 3 days or 1 week in the refrigerator. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jelly Doughnut Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (3619 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 269.0
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 40.0 mg
- Sodium 239.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 22.4 g
- Protein 2.5 g