Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
I found this suggested on a New Zealand recipe forum when I was searching for recipes to use up some jelly crystals. My girls had a lot of fun making their *blue* biscuits and now have plans to make *green* ones!!! Great for a rainy school holiday day.
- 100 g butter
- 200 g jelly crystals (I used 2x 85 gram packets)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Cream the butter, jelly crystals and sugar together in a mixer.
- Add egg and beat well.
- Add the sifted flour and baking powder and mix until well combined.
- Place in teaspoonful sizes on a oven tray. Flatten slightly with a fork.
- Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes.
Uber easy biscuit and really tasty. Think next time I wont use fan bake because they were a bit too crisp and a little brown. Will be trying again for sure!
Good biscuit, easy to make. Used pineapple and orange jelly because I didn't have two matching jellies. Liked how they were slightly chewy, just slightly on the day of making. Will try again. Thank you for sharing.
5, for ease and fun, kids loved them. These do spread, found out when i used a d/spoon lol. Thanks