Mick Mcgurk's Cheese Biscuits (Cookies)
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces butter, melted
- 10 ounces self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 - 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, grated (use tasty, sharp, strong)
- 1⁄2 cup desiccated coconut (shredded)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Melt butter in a large bowl. I do this in the microwave.
- Add flour, cayenne and salt. Mix well. You can use a hand mixer at this stage.
- Add grated cheese and mix well. You may need to use a wooden spoon to mix. Please use a nice cheese that has some bite.
- Shape dough into one-inch balls.
- Roll in coconut.
- Flatten each ball slightly with a fork.
- Place on a cookie sheet and bake until golden -- about 12-15 minutes. Keep an eye on them, especially if your oven runs hot.
Join The Conversation
These are terrific. I would call them cheese wafers but they are addicting no matter what they are called. I did skip the coconut as I was perfectly happy with the sassy mix and just couldn't see how coconut (all I have is sweetened) could possibly improve them. Mine baked for 11 mins. They were better after sitting for several hrs than right out of the oven. They went great with homemade mushroom soup this evening.