Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Simple, easy to make, and wonderful.
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1 serrano pepper
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper
- 1 dried red chili pepper
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄3 cup cilantro
- 1⁄2 ounce lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- In a food processer, pulse the peppers, onion and garlic to a coarse chop.
- Add Cilantro and pulse to desired size.
- Add Tomatoes with all remaining ingredients and pulse to around a fine diced texture.
- Let refrigerate for atleast 24 hours before serving.
Of course, I probably changed the recipe completely by eliminating the serrano pepper AND the dried red chili pepper, but I couldn't bring myself to use those ingredients! But I DID come up with a "Simple, easy to make, and wonderful" salsa, thanks to THIS recipe! Friends did rave about the taste when I put it out as a dip, so . . . the 5 stars! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's PAC]