Named after the "gentleman pirate" of New Orleans, Jean Lafitte, this salad is a terrific way to recycle leftovers into something new and wonderful. This hearty salad comes from the Southern chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947. Chilling time not included in preparation time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 236.59 ml meat, cooked and diced (cold)
- 118.29 ml potato, cooked peeled and diced (cold)
- 118.29 ml carrot, cooked and diced (cold)
- 118.29 ml green beans, cooked (cold)
- 118.29 ml oil-and-vinegar dressing (French Dressing (Not Catalina Style), store bought or your own recipe)
- 2 sweet pickles or 2 gherkins, chopped
- 1 egg, hard cooked and chopped
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- 1Mix meat and vegetables with oil and vinegar dressing; let stand for an hour.
- 2Add pickles egg and mayonnaise.
- 3Chill and serve on a bed of lettuce leaves or mesclun.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jean Lafitte Salad
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 312.2
- Calories from Fat 241
- Total Fat 26.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 60.5 mg
- Sodium 355.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: