Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
You can use frozen or fresh peas, depending on the season. This will brighten up your meal! From Southern Living magazine.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (14 ounce) package frozen pearl onions, thawed
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 (14 ounce) packages frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh dill, coarsely chopped
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Melt the butter with the 1 tbls. olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the thawed onions and sugar; saute 5 to 7 minutes or until onions are caramel colored.
- Add the 2 packages of thawed peas and lemon juice; cook, stirring constantly, 2 to 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat.
- Stir in parsley, 2 tbls. butter, and dill. Add salt and pepper to taste.