You can use frozen or fresh peas, depending on the season. This will brighten up your meal! From Southern Living magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (14 ounce) package frozen pearl onions, thawed
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 (14 ounce) packages frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh dill, coarsely chopped
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1Melt the butter with the 1 tbls. olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- 2Add the thawed onions and sugar; saute 5 to 7 minutes or until onions are caramel colored.
- 3Add the 2 packages of thawed peas and lemon juice; cook, stirring constantly, 2 to 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat.
- 4Stir in parsley, 2 tbls. butter, and dill. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jazzed up Peas and Pearls
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 150.4
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 11.4 mg
- Sodium 151.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 5.7 g