Recipe by Candace Michelle
This recipe is from my boyfriend's mom. It is one of his absolute favorites. He told me if I could master it, he would marry me...so of course I have it here for safe keeping! If you like, you can reduce the amount of butter, but it will result in a less rich dish!
Top Review by *Parsley*
It seems like, as written, the proportion of veggetables to other ingredients if off. Sixteen oz of frozen california blend barely covers half of the bottom of a large baking dish; it would have been a crackers-cheese-and-soup casserole. So, I used 2 (16 oz) bags of vegetables and that was perfect. I did cut the 1/2 cup of butter in half and used reduced-fat versions of the sour cream and soup. The result was a lucsious comfort-food vegetable casserole. Thanx for sharing this; I'll make this again....... with the 32 oz of veggies, of course.
- 16 ounces frozen broccoli carrots cauliflower mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter, plus
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup onion, chopped (I also like it with green onion, your choice)
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 72 Ritz crackers, crushed (2 sleeves)
Directions See How It's Made
- Defrost veggies.Do not cook. Drain. Place in a large baking dish. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a saucepan, saute onion in butter. Add soup, cheese, and sour cream. Cook until warm and cheese is melted.
- Pour heated mixture over seasoned veggies.
- Top mixture with crushed crackers. Pour melted butter over crackers.
- Cook in a 350 degree oven for about 35 minutes, or until crackers are golden.