Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Real men do eat quiche, they'll ask for seconds....enjoy this with a nice crisp bread, green salad and fresh fruit. For a nice variation add 1/2 cup of sliced pepperoni instead of crumbled bacon.
- 1 deep dish pie shell, baked
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, sea
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 cups jarlsberg cheese, shredded
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine eggs, cream, chives, salt and pepper in bowl and blend well.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese into bottom of baked pie shell.
- Pour egg mixture over top of cheese and sprinkle with the bacon.
- Bake at 375 for 30 minutes. Serve immediately.
I made this using store bought pastry sheets and rolled the sheets a little thinner, and then made them as small quiche's. The family loved this, even DH who is not a wrap for quiche.The only thing I would change is to leave out the salt next time, as we found it a little salty with the bacon.But with that said..... We all enjoyed this quiche so very much, and I will be making this again for sure.<br/>Thanks Baby Kato.
I used filo dough instead of a deep dish pie shell which I gave it a nice flaky gourmet crust - it turned out amazing! Note: I used 3 cups of jarlsberg cheese and I added 1/2 cup of caramelized onions and garlic. I love this recipe! I will try this again but use a small cupcake baking pan and make mini-quiches for my next party!
Mmmm, I loved this! The jarlsberg cheese made a wonderful addition and the general texture was spot on. I didn't have a pie shell so used a regular pastry sheet brushed with milk and the cooking time was spot on for the pastry, so that option is worth a try as well for anyone that would prefer a thinner crust.