Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love the veggies you get at the Japanese restaurant. This is a good version. I found it on allrecipes.com.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- ground black pepper
- Warm oil in hot skillet over medium heat. Stir in onions, cook 5 minutes. Add zucchini and cook, stirring, about 1 minute.
- Stir in teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, and sesame seeds. Cook until zucchini tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in pepper. Serve immediately.
Great recipe! It's very Japanese-tasting and so quick and easy to prepare. The toasted sesame seeds were the perfect finish.
Very good. I made the recipe as directed except for cooking the zucchini until it was soft. DH loved this great side dish.
This is great when you don't know what else to do with zucchini. I added some minced garlic but that's all I did differently. Loved that it was not too firm and not too soggy. Great side dish. Thanx!