Recipe by Chefcrystal
I say this is Japanese-style because it is similar to the sesame chicken served at a Japanese restaurant in my hometown. Of course they set it on fire and all of that stuff, so it isn't quite as good, but it is close enough for home. My family loves this. I serve it with Copycat Kobe Style Fried Rice With " Shrimp Sauce".
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into 1 in cubes
- 1 -2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Use the sesame oil to coat a wok or nonstick pan.
- Add chicken and cook over low heat until almost cooked through.
- Mix the ginger, onion powder, garlic powder, and sesame seeds in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle over chicken and saute over medium-high heat.
- Turn heat to high and add soy sauce, sautéing until fully incorporated and the chicken is slightly seared.
- Serve immediately.