Japanese Shrimp Spread With Sake
- Place the shrimp and lemon half in a large saucepan with enough water to cover; bring to a boil, remove from heat, let stand for 1 minute, and drain.
- When cool enough to handle, peel, devein, and cut the shrimp in half.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the shrimp, sake, scallions, lemon juice, mustard, and nutmeg and grind coarsely.
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl, add the butter and salt and pepper to taste; mix until well blended.
- Pack the mixture into a crock, cover with plastic wrap, and chill for about 1 hour before serving with sesame crackers.