Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Courtesy of "Yahoo! Foods". Times are approx.
Make and share this Japanese Potato Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs potatoes
- 1 small carrot, peeled & cut in small pieces
- 1⁄2 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 medium cucumber, peeled & cut into small cubes
- 2 eggs, hard boiled & coarsely chopped
- 3 slices of sliced ham, cut in small pieces (about 4 ounces) (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- In a large pot of salted water, boil the potatoes and carrots until tender when pierced with a fork, but not soft. Drain. When cool enough to handle, peel the potatoes and cut into 1/2-inch chunks.
- Place the potatoes, carrots, chopped onions, cucumbers, hard boiled eggs, and ham in a medium-size bowl.
- Combine the mayonnaise and rice wine vinegar in a small bowl. Pour over the vegetables and toss well to coat. Season with salt & pepper.