Recipe by Jan-Luv's2Cook
Simple and delicious combination of bacon, cheese and chicken. I made it up myself but it goes really nicely served with 'Ainsley Harriott's' Lemon Couscous and roasted Mediterranean vegetables. A real mixture of flavours.
Top Review by carots
This is dead easy and absolutely delicious. Jan's family must be bigger eaters than mine though, as this feeds 2 adults, a teenager and an 8 year old in my house! Or maybe Jan is just more generous than me :)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the bacon - either streaky or back bacon into small 1cm cubes. (You could use diced pancetta, although it may be a bit too salty).
- Cut the chicken fillets into thin strips.
- Cut the feta into cubes.
- Pan fry the bacon until well cooked, the more caramelised, sticky bits in pan the better! (You may need to add a little oil to the pan if you use back bacon).
- Remove when cooked and set aside.
- Do not wash the pan at this stage, keep the nice brown sticky bits in the pan and use to fry the chicken. As the chicken has been thinly sliced it wont take long to cook through.
- Now put the bacon back in the pan on top of the chicken along with the feta cubes, lower the heat for a couple of minutes until the feta just begins to melt.
- Be careful not to overcook or it will look a mess!
- Serve straight away.