Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 6 medium potatoes, unpeeled and boiled or 1 (32 ounce) package frozen hash browns
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup corn flakes, crushed
- Boil (whole) potatoes, and allow to cool.
- Peel and shred (whole) potatoes.
- Place potatoes in 9"x13" casserole dish.
- Melt butter in 2-quart (2-liter) sauce pan.
- Add onions and saute.
- Add soup, sour cream and cheese.
- Pour sauce over potatoes in casserole dish.
- Top with corn flakes.
- Bake to 300F (135C) for 30 to 45 minutes or until heated through.
Delicious!! These taste like my mom's 'Gourmet Potatoes'- we used to have them every holiday! I cut the recipe in half; it served the two of us with a serving left over. I eliminated the butter and onions, just added 1/2 Tbsp. minced onion to my homemade cream soup as I was making it. This saved time, lowered the fat, and kept me from washing another pan! This dish is still full of flavor! (Note: the potatoes are runny upon removing from oven, but thicken to a nice serving consistency after sitting for 10- 15 minutes.)