Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
It's great tasting, it's very satisfying and it's .........healthy? Yup, healthy!
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee crystals
- Splenda sugar substitute (4-6 packets or sweeten to taste)
- 1 small banana, frozen*
- crushed ice (optional)
- Place Milk, Cottage Cheese, Cocoa and Splenda in blender-- blend until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Add frozen banana, broken into pieces -- blend until smooth. If you want your frozen treat thicker, add crushed ice (or frozen coffee)-- blend until smooth.
- Makes one large serving.
- This recipe can easily be doubled in most blenders to make enough for 2-3 people.
- An addition of 1/4 tsp nutmeg or cinnamon or cardamon is a great flavor in this shake.
- *TIP: You must blend the cottage cheese until smooth before adding the frozen fruit.
- NOTE: If you have a strong blender, you can also freeze coffee ahead of time in ice-cube trays to add and it makes it coffee-lishous!
Wonderful shake!! I was a little worried how I would like the cottage cheese in this, but couldn't even tell it was in the shake. I only needed 2 packets of equal for my liking. The best part is that it is so tasty but healthy!! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for PRMR Tag Game.
Made as posted using Instant sugar free Cafe Vienna mix for instant coffee and only 1 packet of Splenda. The added protein rounded out my daily nutrition. The "cheesecake" caught my eye and I'm so glad I made and enjoyed this. Thanks for posting Annacia, you win the golden coffee cup award! Made for I Recommend Tag.
Doubled this and made it as a dessert for the DM and DS which they thoroughly enjoyed but only used a about a teaspoon of splenda and also added a little disolved gelatine to get it to set so it was more of a pudding than a shake but as said really enjoyed. Thank you Annacia, made for Comfort Cafe.