Recipe by Annacia
It's great tasting, it's very satisfying and it's .........healthy? Yup, healthy!
Top Review by diner524
Wonderful shake!! I was a little worried how I would like the cottage cheese in this, but couldn't even tell it was in the shake. I only needed 2 packets of equal for my liking. The best part is that it is so tasty but healthy!! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for PRMR Tag Game.
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee crystals
- Splenda sugar substitute (4-6 packets or sweeten to taste)
- 1 small banana, frozen*
- crushed ice (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place Milk, Cottage Cheese, Cocoa and Splenda in blender-- blend until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Add frozen banana, broken into pieces -- blend until smooth. If you want your frozen treat thicker, add crushed ice (or frozen coffee)-- blend until smooth.
- Makes one large serving.
- This recipe can easily be doubled in most blenders to make enough for 2-3 people.
- An addition of 1/4 tsp nutmeg or cinnamon or cardamon is a great flavor in this shake.
- *TIP: You must blend the cottage cheese until smooth before adding the frozen fruit.
- NOTE: If you have a strong blender, you can also freeze coffee ahead of time in ice-cube trays to add and it makes it coffee-lishous!