This is one of my favorite recipes to cook. I just now figured out the perfect way to make it so i hope anyone who tries it enjoys it just as much as i do! This makes 4 large burrito sized enchiladas, you can add rice and beans to create a great meal for 4.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1-Set oven to 350.
- 2-In a large lightly greased skillet, heat to medium-high heat.
- 3-Drain chicken and place in mixing bowl. Add about 1 tablespoon of taco seasoning and mix.
- 4-Add chicken mixture to skillet and stir frequently until lightly browned.
- 5-Take cream cheese and cut into 1 inch cubes. Add to chicken in skillet. Cover for a few minutes until cubes become soft, stir and set aside.
- 6-In a small sauce pan add sour cream and a little milk (enough to to create a creamy sauce) and 1 tablespoon taco seasoning. Stir frequently on medium heat.
- 7-Take the flour tortillas and wrap them in wet papertowels and place them in the microwave for about 30seconds or until they feel moist.
- 8-Spoon equal amounts of chicken mixture into flour tortillas and roll up.
- 9-In a large lightly greased baking dish, add one can of enchilada sauce.
- 10-Place Tortillas with chicken mixture on top of enchilada sauce in baking dish.
- 11-Pour the sour cream sauce over enchiladas until fully coated.
- 12-Sprinkle a little shredded cheese over the tops of each enchilada.
- 13-Lightly cover with foil and cook in oven for 30minutes.
- 14-Serve and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jamie's Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (428 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 771.8
- Calories from Fat 373
- Total Fat 41.5 g
- Saturated Fat 18.1 g
- Cholesterol 168.8 mg
- Sodium 1745.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 52.4 g