Prep 1 min
Cook 0 mins
As seen on FoodTV.ca
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 tablespoons onion flakes
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- Pound all the ingredients together in a mortar and pestle, huntil you have a powdery consistency and rub all over your chosen meat.
Fantastic and easy...I had all the spices on hand. I've never had my kitchen smell so good while roasting the turkey with this rub! This also makes an incredible gravy...simply make a basic gravy and add the spices while cooking. I'm not even a Cajun fan but this rub makes everything taste great!
*Reviewed for Zaar World Tour 3*Very simple to put together and a good flavour blend. Way cheaper than purchasing prepared mixes. Next time I'll prepare a double batch to have some ready-made.
I agree, this is a perfect rub for pork. We love rubs with a "bite" and this rub is just the thing. It is the perfect rub for Boston Butt!!!