Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Very spicy and hot soup.
Make and share this Jamaican Pumpkin-coconut-soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pumpkin
- 1 potato
- chopped fresh ginger
- 1 piece lemongrass
- 2 1⁄2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 2⁄3 cups coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon green curry
- Peel and chop onion.
- Remove the seeds of jalapeno pepper and cut into slices.
- Peel and chop pumpkin.
- Stew onion, jalapeno pepper and pumpkin in olive oil.
- Add potato, ginger and lemongrass.
- Add vegetable stock, boil up the soup and let it simmer until pumpkin is done.
- Remove lemongrass and mash the soup to puree.
- Reheat (but not broil) the soup with coconut milk and green curry, taste soup with salt and pepper.
I've made this soup before. I think we have both the same cookbook, Miss Swiss :). Coconut milk, curry pastes and pumpkins/squashes are some of my favourite ingredients and they really work well in this soup. Yes, it is spicy, but lovely!