Prep 18 mins
Cook 0 mins
BHG Dinnertime Express
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking rice
- 1⁄4 cup thinly-sliced green onion
- 1 large sweet potato (about 12 oz.)
- 1 medium tart apple, cored
- 12 ounces lean boneless pork, strips for stir-frying
- 2 -3 teaspoons jamaican jerk spice
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1⁄3 cup apple juice or 1⁄3 cup water
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Stir half of the green onions into cooked rice. Meanwhile, peel sweet potato and cut in quarters lengthwise, then thinly slice crosswise. Place in a microwave-safe shallow dish. Cover with vented plastic wrap. Microwave on high for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender, stirring once. Cut apple into 16 wedges.
- Sprinkle meat strips with Jamaican jerk seasoning; toss to coat evenly. Pour oil into a wok or large skillet. Preheat over medium-high heat (add more oil during cooking if necessary). Stir fry meat for 2 minutes. Add apple and remaining green onions and stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until meat is slightly pink in center.
- Stir sweet potato and apple juice into meat mixture. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 1 minute more. Serve meat mixture over rice mixture.