Recipe by CarolAT
This is a tasty and easy to make crock pot recipe. The pineapple and jerk seasoning give this dish a great sweet/spicy flavor. I found this great recipe in my Rival Crock Pot cookbook.
- 2 sweet potatoes, cut into 2-inch pieces (medium sized)
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- 1 cup golden raisin
- 1 (20 ounce) canpineapple tidbits in pineapple juice, drained and juice reserved
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 4 teaspoons jamaican jerk seasoning (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup dried onion flakes
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed, slightly crushed
- cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Place sweet potatoes in crock pot.
- Add water chestnuts, raisins and pineapple tidbits; mix well.
- Sprinkle chicken with jerk seasoning.
- Place chicken over potato mixture in crock pot.
- Combine reserved pineapple juice, onion flakes, ginger, Worcestershire sauce, lime peel and cumin seeds in small bowl.
- Pour mixture over chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW 7 to 9 hours or on HIGH 3 to 4 hours, or until chicken and potatoes are fork-tender.
- Serve with rice if desired.