3 hrs 10 mins
This is a tasty and easy to make crock pot recipe. The pineapple and jerk seasoning give this dish a great sweet/spicy flavor. I found this great recipe in my Rival Crock Pot cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 sweet potatoes, cut into 2-inch pieces (medium sized)
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- 1 cup golden raisin
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple tidbits in pineapple juice, drained and juice reserved
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 4 teaspoons jamaican jerk seasoning (or to taste)
- 1/4 cup dried onion flakes
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed, slightly crushed
- cooked rice
- 1Place sweet potatoes in crock pot.
- 2Add water chestnuts, raisins and pineapple tidbits; mix well.
- 3Sprinkle chicken with jerk seasoning.
- 4Place chicken over potato mixture in crock pot.
- 5Combine reserved pineapple juice, onion flakes, ginger, Worcestershire sauce, lime peel and cumin seeds in small bowl.
- 6Pour mixture over chicken.
- 7Cover and cook on LOW 7 to 9 hours or on HIGH 3 to 4 hours, or until chicken and potatoes are fork-tender.
- 8Serve with rice if desired.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jamaica-Me-Crazy Chicken Tropicale
Serving Size: 1 (462 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 568.9
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 92.8 mg
- Sodium 227.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 43.3 g
- Protein 34.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: