Cute for Valentine's day, but good enough for every day!
Make and share this Jam Sweethearts recipe from Food.com.
- Beat butter & sugar together in a bowl.
- Add yolk and vanilla and beat the mixture until smooth.
- Add flour and salt and mix everything to form a smooth dough.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Roll out dough to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cut out with 1 1/2-2in circle cookie cutters.
- Arrange cookies on baking sheet.
- Cut hearts from half of the cookies with 1in heart cutters.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Cool Completely.
- Make frostingby beating butter until smooth, then gradually adding icing sugar, water and vanilla.
- Spread frosting over whole (not heart) cookies.
- Drop a small spoonful of jam on top of frosting.
- Press heart cookies on top of whole cookies.
Made these for my other half to take to work & share, as well as to see how they would go when I next host a group of people here ~ A GREAT TASTING SUCCESS! I liked the way they came out & will definitely be making them again ~ A nice, unusual, addition to a cookie tray! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe]
This is a delicious cookie!! It was very easy to mix together. My only problem was rolling it out. It cracked on me like it was to dried out. But the taste make up for that. I made a whole batch of the cookies then only rolled out half of the dough and baked them. I put the other half back it the fridge to see if I could figure out how to roll it better without cracking. The frosting and jam (I used strawberry) make it a very pretty cookie especially for Valentine's Day!! Great recipe!! I will be making these again.