Recipe by Sam #3
Cute for Valentine's day, but good enough for every day!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made these for my other half to take to work & share, as well as to see how they would go when I next host a group of people here ~ A GREAT TASTING SUCCESS! I liked the way they came out & will definitely be making them again ~ A nice, unusual, addition to a cookie tray! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe]
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon water
- 8 tablespoons jam
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat butter & sugar together in a bowl.
- Add yolk and vanilla and beat the mixture until smooth.
- Add flour and salt and mix everything to form a smooth dough.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Roll out dough to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cut out with 1 1/2-2in circle cookie cutters.
- Arrange cookies on baking sheet.
- Cut hearts from half of the cookies with 1in heart cutters.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Cool Completely.
- Make frostingby beating butter until smooth, then gradually adding icing sugar, water and vanilla.
- Spread frosting over whole (not heart) cookies.
- Drop a small spoonful of jam on top of frosting.
- Press heart cookies on top of whole cookies.