Recipe by tunasushi
These not only taste great but they look so pretty too :)
Top Review by ctaylor03
The only trouble is making enough. You need to at least double or triple to get enough cookie tops and bottoms. You also need a very small cutter to cut into the top. I topped mine with powdered sugar for a holiday effect. The orange makes this cookie!
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 egg
- just less than 1 cup flour (7/8 cup)
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 3 tablespoons jam, of any flavour
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In large bowl, combine both sugars and butter. Beat till fluffy. Add vanilla abd egg, blend well. Add flour and mix well. Mix orange peel in with dough.
- On floured surface, roll dough out to a 1/8-inch thickness and cut with floured 2 inch round cutters.
- In half of the cookies, cut a small decorative shape from the centers. Place remaining half of cookies on cookie tray. Place 1/2 tsp jam in the center of each. Top with cut out cookies.
- Bake at 375°F for 7-10 minutes or till light golden brown. Cool one minute and remove from baking sheet.