Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Adopted from the RecipeZaar account. I haven't made these yet.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, chilled
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup cold skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup fruit jam (100% real fruit with no sugar added)
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, honey, baking powder, and salt.
- Cut in butter until crumbly.
- Make a well in the center.
- Beat egg until light and frothy, and mix in milk; pour all at once into well.
- Stir lightly to form soft dough.
- Add more milk if needed.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface, and knead 8 to 10 times.
- Pat or roll out to 3/4-inch thickness.
- Using a round cookie cutter, push straight down to cut.
- Arrange well apart on a greased baking sheet.
- Make a deep hollow in the center of each biscuit.
- Drop a small spoonful of jam into each hollow.
- Bake at 450-degrees for 12 to 15 minutes.