1/1 Photo of Jalapeno White Sauce
I don't want to call this a copycat recipe since the restaurant where I got this, Miguel's in San Diego, actually gives out the recipe because it's so popular. They serve it warm with chips as an alternative to salsa. I'm sure there are many other uses for this sauce, such as over enchiladas. You may want to add extra jalapenos if the spice isn't hot enough for you.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat whipping cream in heavy saucepan over high heat.
- 2When cream is ready to boil, stir in sour cream.
- 3After sour cream is dissolved, reduce heat to medium.
- 4Stir in chicken base and jalapeno juice and simmer.
- 5While cream is heating: Make a roux by warming butter in a saucepan over medium heat, adding flour, and mixing with a wire whip until mixture starts to turn pale gold.
- 6Just before cream mixture is ready to boil again, add roux, whisking briskly and constantly until roux is incorporated.
- 7Remove from heat and add minced jalapeno and cheese.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jalapeno White Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 347.5
- Calories from Fat 321
- Total Fat 35.7 g
- Saturated Fat 22.0 g
- Cholesterol 121.8 mg
- Sodium 98.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 4.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: