Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I don't want to call this a copycat recipe since the restaurant where I got this, Miguel's in San Diego, actually gives out the recipe because it's so popular. They serve it warm with chips as an alternative to salsa. I'm sure there are many other uses for this sauce, such as over enchiladas. You may want to add extra jalapenos if the spice isn't hot enough for you.
- Heat whipping cream in heavy saucepan over high heat.
- When cream is ready to boil, stir in sour cream.
- After sour cream is dissolved, reduce heat to medium.
- Stir in chicken base and jalapeno juice and simmer.
- While cream is heating: Make a roux by warming butter in a saucepan over medium heat, adding flour, and mixing with a wire whip until mixture starts to turn pale gold.
- Just before cream mixture is ready to boil again, add roux, whisking briskly and constantly until roux is incorporated.
- Remove from heat and add minced jalapeno and cheese.
I didn't try this as a sauce, but it was pretty yummy as a dip for warm tortilla chips. It's pretty rich, but it would probably be good as a sauce for veggie enchiladas, or something along those lines. Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Spring 2013