Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From BHG Recipes for Indoor Grills.
Make and share this Jalapeno-Glazed Rib Eyes recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup jalapeno jelly
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 4 rib eye steaks, 1-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno jelly
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 10 ounces frozen corn, thawed
- 3⁄4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded, finely chopped
- Preheat indoor electric grill.
- For Glaze:.
- In a small saucepan melt the jelly; stir in ketchup; set aside.
- Trim fat from steaks.
- Place steaks on the grill rack.
- If using a covered grill, close lid.
- Grill until steaks are desired doneness.
- (For a covered grill, allow 4-6 minutes for medium rare or 6-8 minutes for medium, brushing once with glaze the last 1-2 minutes of grilling. For an uncovered grill, allow 8-12 minutes for medium rare or 12-15 minutes for medium, turning once halfway through and brushing occasionally with glaze the last half of grilling).
- Meanwhile, for relish, in another small saucepan, stir together the 2 tablespoons jelly, lime juice, chili powder, and cumin.
- Cook and stir until jelly is melted and mixture is bubbly.
- Stir in corn, bell pepper, green onions, and jalapeno.
- Cook and stir just until heated through.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Serve the steaks with relish.
- If desired, garnish with additional green onions.