Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Cooking Light Site. Yummy!
Make and share this Jalapeño-Ginger Butternut Squash Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated gingerroot
- 1 jalapeno chile, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 4 lbs butternut squash, peeled and cut into 2-in . cubes
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- creme fraiche (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a 4- to 5-qt. pot over high heat. Add garlic, ginger, jalapeño, and salt. Cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant but not yet browned, 1 to 2 minutes. Add cayenne and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add squash, broth, brown sugar, and 3 cups water. Bring to a boil, lower heat to a simmer, and cook, stirring occasionally, until squash is tender, about 20 minutes.
- In a blender, purée the soup in batches until smooth, then pour back into the pot. Stir in cream and adjust seasonings to taste. Serve hot, with a swirl of crème fraîche if you like.