Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 egg whites (equivalent to 2 eggs) or 2 Egg Beaters egg substitute, egg substitute (equivalent to 2 eggs)
- 1 (12 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 cup grated fat-free cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup Butter Buds or 1⁄2 cup i can't believe it not butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1 (14 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes, drained
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- Beat "Egg Beaters" or egg whites, and add remaining ingredients, mixing well.
- Pour into large cast iron skillet (or large baking dish) that has been sprayed with a nonfat cooking spray.
- Bake at 350°F for 50-60 minutes.
The reason I'm givng this recipe 4 stars is because I didn't care for the rotel tomatoes in this but my DH just loved it. Thanks for sharing.
Wow Mimi, this was some fantastic bread! I used the hot Rotel tomatoes since my family really like spicy foods. I served this with a good old southern meal of fried chicken and collards. We all enjoyed it. Thanks bunches for sharing the recipe!