Prep 1 hr
Cook 81 hrs
This looks like something I might try. I found it in an old cookbook I found lying around the house.
- 1 cup mashed potatoes (save cooking water)
- 1 cup oleo
- 3 eggs
- 7 cups flour (sift, then measure)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups lukewarm potato water
- 1 (2 1/4 teaspoon) package active dry yeast
- Mix yeast with potato water and set aside to rise. Mix potatoes, oleo, eggs, salt and sugar. Blend in flour, add yeast water; blend well. Place in greased Tupperware bowl and put in refrigerator. Rise as desired. After the dough is cold (overnight), take out, grease hands and pinch off dough, enough for the size of roll you want. Place in pan to rise, double in bulk. Bake at 450°F until golden brown.
- (Cooking time includes time in refrigerator).