Recipe by **Jubes**
These are a crunchy tasty gluten-free biscuit. A slightly different taste and texture to regular GF cookie recipes. (I must apologise as my original posting did not include the baking time - now corrected)
Top Review by WI Cheesehead
I used Earth Balance margarine and added 1/4 tsp salt. Left out orange rind, but would add vanilla next time, for a little more flavor. I used 1/2 C arrowroot and 1/2 C potato starch. Would also increase the choc. chips. This makes a crispy cookie that doesn't taste like buckwheat at all. They went 17 minutes on my stone and 13 minutes on my aluminum. Held together nicely too.
- 125 g unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, measure lightly packed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon orange rind, finely grated
- 1 cup gluten-free cornflour
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 120 g gluten-free chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees centigrade. Line biscuit trays with baking paper.
- Cream butter and sugars until light and creamy.
- Gradually add the egg and rind until lightly combined.
- In a seperate bowl -sift flours, bicarbonate soda and cream of tartar. Fold this sifted mixture into the creamed butter mixture. Fold in the choc chips.
- Roll teaspoons of mixture into balls and place on trays. There is no need to flatten the biscuits as they will flatten and spread during cooking. Do not place the biscuits too close together.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stand on trays 5 minutes before cooling biscuits on wire racks. They will set as they cool.