Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Recipe is from Midwest Living magazine.
- 4 slices bacon, halved crosswise
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped sweet red peppers or 1⁄4 cup yellow sweet pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups shredded monterey jack cheese (16 ounces)
- 2 (8 ounce) cartons sour cream
- 2 -3 teaspoons finely chopped chipotle chiles in adobo
- French bread or Italian bread, cut into bite-size cubes
- tortilla chips or tortilla chips, cups
- In a heavy, medium saucepan, cook bacon till crisp. Remove bacon; reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in pan. Drain bacon on paper towels; crumble bacon and set aside.
- Add green onions, 1/4 cup sweet pepper and garlic to saucepan. Cook and stir onion mixture over medium heat about 5 minutes or till vegetables are tender. Stir in flour. Stir in cheese, sour cream and chipotle peppers. Cook and stir over medium-low heat till cheese is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Transfer cheese mixture to fondue pot. Top with crumbled bacon. Place over a fondue burner; keep warm up to 2 hours. Spear bread cubes with fondue fork; dip in fondue, swirling to coat. Or, dip tortilla chips in fondue.