Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
RECIPE TO TRY WHEN YOU'RE EXPECTING THE IN-LAWS. Yes it's for laughs. A real comfort food! I wanted to share with all my friends here at zaar. My DC sent me something like this very much tweaked. The real recipe is Bourbon (Rum) Balls (No Bake Cookies).
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons light Karo syrup
- 2 1⁄3 tablespoons cocoa
- 3 cups vanilla wafers, crushed
- 1 cup pecans, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup Bourbon (plus 1 bottle Jack Daniel's Whiskey)
- powdered sugar, for coating the cookies
- Sample the Jack Daniel's to check quality.
- Place wafers and pecans in food processor and pulse till crumbly.
- Check the Jack Daniel's again, to be sure it is of the highest quality, pour one level cup and drink.
- Pulse the processor.
- Add remaining ingredients and pulse till smooth.
- Add some more booze if you want!
- Like who wouldn't want any more.
- Company's coming!
- At this point it's best to make sure the Jack Daniel's is still OK, try another shot or 2 just in case.
- Dump the mass of brown stuff into a bowl or onto work sirface.
- Sample the Jack Daniel's two give you srenghttt.
- make into balls about 1 in rondd.
- Make sure the Jack Daniel's didnt go bad give erself nother sqig.
- Hic-cup Now Roll eerrself in powdered sugar and chill.
- This mixture is sticky, so keep finger and palms of hands moist with Jack Daniel's while shaping cookies making sure to lick those fingers.
- Was that the door bong?.
- Don't ya feel ya can take on the world?
One of my favs, I need to make this firest thisssssss yer so I wil b in the Cristmas spir it.
Hey, Nanachickens whatever you do DON'T put Vodka on styrafoam plates or whatever. It melts the stuff. Now back to the Bourbon balls. I have a similar recipe and last Christmas I lost about 10 or 12 of the bourbon balls and we still haven't found them :O) Firehousecook
Thanks Rita. Another great recipe from you. Everytime I'm searching for some special recipe I am usually drawn to one of yours. Very easy, great tasting and a lot of fun. I ended up putting the bourbon on a disposable foam plate and the powered sugar on another. When I was done, drank the bourbon off the plate, hiccup, lol. Thanks again, Leslie