Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
From ABC.com, based on an episode of Grey's Anatomy where Izzie bakes cupcakes.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 10 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, broken into 1/2 oz pieces
- 4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons coconut extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups cake flour
- 20 ounces semisweet chocolate, broken into 1/2 oz pieces
- Set oven to preheat at 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- After warming 2 inches of water over medium in the bottom portion of a double boiler, put the 20 ounces of semisweet chocolate, 4 ounces of unsweetened chocolate, and 2 cups of heavy cream into the top portion. Cover with plastic wrap and let it warm for 8 minutes. Then, remove the boiler from the heat and mix until smooth.
- Put the coconut extract, eggs, and granulated sugar into a mixing bowl and stir (or electrically beat) with medium power for about four minutes. Then, add the ingredients from the boiler and stir for 20 more seconds at medium power as well. Next, put the baking soda, chocolate chips, and cake flour in the mixture and stir on lower power for 10 seconds. Slowly, stir to medium power for another 10 seconds. Afterwards, stir additionally to make sure all ingredients seem thoroughly mixed.
- Pour the mixture into 36 cupcake baking cups. Allow some room beneath the rim for the cupcakes to rise. Place the cupcakes into the oven and bake for approximately 25 minutes (Test by placing a toothpick into the center of the cupcake; if it comes out clean, the cupcakes are done). Let the cupcakes cool before eating, and enjoy!
This recipe is terrible. It's very expensive to make, and it's got so much chocolate that it's actually bitter. I never thought I'd dislike a chocolate cupcake, but this is the one! Do not make this recipe.