Member #610488's Note:
Quick, easy and light....all the hallmarks of a great side dish or simple lunch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 Japanese eggplants, cut in half lengthwise flesh scored 1/4 inch deep
- 1/3 cup yellow miso or 1/3 cup red miso
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons sake or 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon chili pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaf
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1Preheat broiler with a rack 4 inches from heat source.
- 2Heat oil in an ovenproof frying pan over high heat. Add eggplant, flesh side down, and cook until flesh starts to brown and soften (4 minutes).
- 3In a small bowl, combine miso, sugar, sake and chili flakes. Turn eggplant flesh side up and brush mixture over it.
- 4Broil eggplant in pan until glaze starts to brown (3 minutes). Sprinkle with cilantro and sesame seeds.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Izakaya Sakura Nasu Miso (Miso Glazed Japanese Eggplant)
Serving Size: 1 (574 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 262.2
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 13.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.7 g
- Sugars 19.6 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: