Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is from a local Japanese restaurant.
Make and share this Izakaya Sakura Cold Sesame Noodles With Summer Vegetables recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon shichimi togarashi
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 8 cups mixed vegetables, cut into matchstick-size pieces (such as carrots, radishes, cucumbers, and bell peppers)
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces soba noodles or 8 ounces vermicelli
- 1 cup cilantro leaf, with tender stems
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Whisk first four ingredients in a large bowl. Add vegetables; toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook noodles in a large pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until al dente; drain. Run noodles under cold water to cool them; drain well and add to bowl with vegetables.
- Add cilantro and scallions; season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle sesame seeds over and serve.