Recipe by Member #610488
This recipe is from a local Japanese restaurant.
Top Review by dreamplate
This is very easy to make and tastes authentically Japanese. My boyfriend, who is very honest about my cooking and whose standards are pretty high, even said it was delicious. I served it with Japanese sesame spinach, miso soup, and rice. His roommate came home later and had some of the fish and asked me how in the world I made such good fish. Broiled it, I said. Couldn't be easier!
- 1 saba mackerel (2 fillets)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix chopped green onion, ground ginger, rice vinegar, sesame oil and sugar to make sauce.
- Cut saba filet into three pieces (makes 6 pieces total). Sprinkle with salt.
- Broil saba until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.
- Serve saba on a plate (or on sliced cabbage) and cover with the sauce.