I love this recipe! This recipe is from Ivory Hut's website. It is an amazing, and very authentic easy Filipino style chicken. Try it! Thank you Ivory Hut for this amazingly easy recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4-5 whole chicken leg quarters, divided into thighs and drumsticks, washed and cleaned, thighs skinned
- 6-8 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 118.29 ml soy sauce (I donâ t recommend using Kikkoman for this, but if you have to, use the low-sodium Kikkoman)
- 118.29 ml vinegar
- 118.29 ml water
- 14.79 ml packed brown sugar
- 14.79 ml sweet chili sauce (or an additional tablespoon of brown sugar)
- 4.92 ml black peppercorns, half left whole, half cracked slightly
- 2 bay leaves
- 1Using the same pot you’ll be cooking the chicken in, put all the ingredients. Let the chicken marinate for at least 20 minutes, and up to overnight.
- 2When ready to cook, put the pot on the stovetop and bring to a boil over medium heat. Once boiling, lower the heat slightly and cook, covered, for about 15 minutes. Remove the cover. Flip the chicken pieces and continue to simmer, uncovered, to reduce the sauce, lowering the heat if necessary. If the sauce is too thick or too salty, add 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup of water. After about 8 minutes, flip the chicken again. Taste the sauce again and add more water if needed. Don’t worry if you accidentally add too much water—the simmering will take care of that.
- 3Continue to simmer until chicken is fully cooked and has released its oils into the sauce, and the sauce has thickened slightly and taken on a rich, dark brown color.
- 4Serve over jasmine rice, or, for a real Filipino treat, with garlic fried rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ivory Hut's Quick and Easy Chicken Adobo
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 288.7
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 110.8 mg
- Sodium 1717.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 27.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sweet chili sauce