Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I picked my 5 favorite ingredients off the list and just started to think.... This is what I came up with
- Unfreeze and strain spinach until almost dry.
- Slice artichoke hearts and bottoms and put to the side.
- Chop shallots, In a large skillet saute shallots until golden brown.
- Add spinach and artichokes and saute until heated thru.
- Lightly bread turkey with flour and salt and pepper, making sure to dust off all extra flour.
- Add turkey to the pan and let saute until just opaque.
- Add rice, white wine, and water.
- Cover the let simmer for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes add asiago cheese on top, cover and let cheese melt.
- Serve with glass of wine and you're ready to go.
I think this recipe has potential. As written, the ingredients used aren't presented in order which leads to some confusion. The turkey cutlets would be better sauteed ahead without all the other stuff in the pan. In the end, we had a delicious meal but I think it could be better and the recipe better written.
3 stars!I would add more taste to the dish, ie some italian seasoning while rice is cooking or sprinkle the wine, a little cayenne pepper before the cheese is melting or perhaps a dash or two of thyme or oregon while the vegies were sauting. This is a good dish, filling and subtle flavor. Thanks for posting. I will tweak some if I make again. Thanks.