Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a great, south beach friendly tomato soup recipe my mom gave me.
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 27 ounces plum tomatoes
- 3 teaspoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 14 ounces chicken broth
- 9 ounces whole wheat ravioli (the refrigerated kind)
- sautee onion, bell pepper and garlic in olive oil for 5 minutes. Add 27oz can of plum tomatoes, splenda, basil, fennel, and cayenne pepper and simmer for 20 minutes. Let cool for about 15 minutes and then liquefy in food processor. Put back into pot and add chicken broth and pasta. Cook about 10 minutes more. Let cool for 5 minutes, serve.
This soup is GREAT! Very tasty, tastes gourmet, and filling, too!