1/1 Photo of Italian Sweet and Sour Chicken
1 hr 5 mins
This is slightly unusual, but don't be put off by the chocolate! Try serving it on polenta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a non-stick frying pan gently fry the onion, bacon and garlic for 5 minutes. Add the sugar and the chicken and fry gently for another 5 minutes, turning frequently.
- 2Add the bay leaves, vinegar and stock and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, cover and leave to simmer gently for about 35 minutes or until the chicken is tender.
- 3Remove the chicken pieces and keep warm.
- 4Stir the sultanas, chocolate and pine nuts into the sauce and cook for another 5 minutes.
- 5Arrange the chicken on serving plates and spoon the sauce over.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Sweet and Sour Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (318 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 525.6
- Calories from Fat 294
- Total Fat 32.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 134.2 mg
- Sodium 526.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 38.5 g