This is slightly unusual, but don't be put off by the chocolate! Try serving it on polenta.
Make and share this Italian Sweet and Sour Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- In a non-stick frying pan gently fry the onion, bacon and garlic for 5 minutes. Add the sugar and the chicken and fry gently for another 5 minutes, turning frequently.
- Add the bay leaves, vinegar and stock and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, cover and leave to simmer gently for about 35 minutes or until the chicken is tender.
- Remove the chicken pieces and keep warm.
- Stir the sultanas, chocolate and pine nuts into the sauce and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Arrange the chicken on serving plates and spoon the sauce over.